Online marketing information can change quickly This article is 9 years and 223 days old, and the facts and opinions contained in it may be out of date.
Matt’s 21 signs you need a break from SEO cracked me up – so I thought I’d add a few more of my own. Among my favorite from Matt:
11) You lay awake at night wondering who would win a foot race: a marketing pilgrim or a marketing sherpa.
12)You feel uncomfortable and out of place at a minor league baseball game because you don’t see a Text Link Ads advertisement on the outfield wall.
18) When your daughter brings home a new boyfriend to meet you, your first thought is to check his backlinks.
19) Your second thought is to warn them about the dangers of reciprocal linking.
20) You just wrote an article titled “50 Amazing Things For Sale in My Garage This Weekend.Ã¢â‚¬Â You think the local paper will publish it. Or at least link to it.
- Can’t sleep at night because of the missed potential from a site with out titles (thinking HOW do I reach these people?)
- Measure your life’s success with a cost per acquisition or conversion tracking ROI model
- Have THOUGHT LOL while not on the computer
- Have made a mistake IRL and wished you could use control-Z on it
- Wish your favorite local drycleaners had an affiliate program
- Hope to control-F your keys when you’re running late
- Have more than two myspace accounts, or more than five social networking accounts
- Wonder how long it would take to create a site that would rank for someone’s name when they piss you off
- Meet someone interesting, and wonder if you should add them to your feedreader
- Wish you could tag a url you passed on a highway billboard
- Nitpick the anchor text, alt tags, low PR, and poor redirects of every site you saw on TV and visit for information, thinking – “they can afford a TV spot, but not a link monkey?”
Okay, YES I need a break from SEO:)