Online marketing information can change quickly This article is 11 years and 113 days old, and the facts and opinions contained in it may be out of date.
SEO’s have to deal with an overwhelming amount of information everday. Tools that aid in the speed of gathering and disseminating that information more quickly are essential. It’s all about saving those nanoseconds each day so that you can have more time for aimless chatter on forums in the evening.
Bookmarklets are a wonderful tool for making life as a power surfer a little bit easier. They have been replaced in some respects by extensions which also serve to make things quicker and easier as well. There are a lot of similarities and a few differences between extensions and bookmarklets. If you’d like some fun with extensions, there’s a list of some favorite Firefox extensions here.
My favorite bookmarklets
Drag and drop these to your bookmarks toolbar. You can test what each does by clicking on them, or following the directions.
- Number of links on this webpage
- List all links on a page – (couldn’t get the drag and drop to play nice with WP) – Get it here
- Page Freshness – find out last modified date
- Number of words in selected text
- Show robots.txt for this domain – if for some reason your not using the search status FF extension.
- Make a link for this page
- Autofill Anonymous – so very nice and handy
- Header Checker Bookmarklet
- Zap all colors and backgrounds
- Search selected text on Yahoo – nice when I’m too lazy to type
- Search selected text on Google
- Site search selected text on Google
- Enable right click
- Whois.sc bookmarklet
Other bookmarklets and resources
- Steve Rubel’s nice liste of Bookmarklets for bloggers
- Search engine bookmarklets
- Stephen Ostermiller’s cache bookmarklets
- Opera browser bookmarklets
- General use bookmarklets
- Faganfinder bookmarklet switcher
- DIY bookmarklets
- More bookmarklets
If you have some helpful bookmarklets you’d like to see added to the list, please let me know.