Online marketing information can change quickly This article is 7 years and 273 days old, and the facts and opinions contained in it may be out of date.
Usability is more of an issue than accessibilty to internet marketing in general, but I think BOTH topics certainly have some overlap into search engine optimization as well. Using best practices and well formed code that passes strict quality and accessibility standards is definitely going to have benefit for an SEO or other type of internet marketing campaign.
While I don’t visit Cre8site forums near often enough, Kim Krause-Berg has developed a great community over the years full of some phenomenal tools and resources. Do yourself a favor and check out the new website hospital, which is full of some awesome assistance for webmasters.
Usability and Accessbility Tools
- Usability effect test center
- Usability testing script from Steven Krug (.doc file)
- Web Exact Online Accessiblity Tester
- Bobby Accessibility testing 10 day free trial
- WAVE web accessibilty tool
- Accessify accessibility tools
- Accessify accessibility favelets
- Cynthia Says Accessibility Checker
- Delorie web viewers – SE simulator, compatibility tester, and more
- Color blindness simulator
- Readability Checkers
- Screen size simulator
- Implementing usability practices
- Persuasive Information Architecture and Captology
- Accessible information solutions toolbar – thanks to Bill Slawski.
Usability and Accessibility Resources
- Cre8site Website hospital
- Steven Krug’s site – author of “Don’t Make Me Think
- Software usability research lab
- Dreamweaver accessibility options
- MIT usability guidelines
- SAMSA Accessibility resources
If you have a tool or resource that should be on this list please let me know.