Online marketing information can change quickly This article is 9 years and 99 days old, and the facts and opinions contained in it may be out of date.
Everybody needs links. Nobody wants to get links. This leaves a bit of a problem, and a bit of an opportunity. Everybody needs links for good rankings, but they want them cheap. Tools make the monotony of link development a bit easier, and the time spent more valuable. Link development is tedious, cumbersome, and tiring. It is also highly valuable. Knowing how to maximize your time when link hunting is quite important. Spending time on getting free directory links and reciprocal links is becoming less and less valuable. Understanding what the right links ARE and how to hunt for them is crucial.
For those not from Rome XIX = 19 (Yes, I need to find a converter for this now). It’s gettin’ a little tougher to come up with a good list here. If you have suggestions or requests for tool lists they would be quite appreciated.
Link Development Tools Revisited
- linkdomain:www.site.com -domain: site.com (on yahoo)
- look through “your serps” in the 50 – 1000 range for sites that look old and may offer you some form of advertising (I.E. text link)
- We Build Pages query combination tool + a nice list of qualifiers, some more qualifiers, and even more *tip – build your own qualifier list.
- DirectoryList.org *tip – don’t go overboard on directory links
- Aaron Wall’s Link Harvester
- Aaron Wall’s Hub Finder
- Tool #9
- Examples of good link dialogue and more examples of good link dialogue. Build some different types of templates that can be easily customizable but more personalized than Arelis automated mailings.
- Press Release Tools for link building
- Google directory – still one of my favorite places to link hunt
- Don’t just think backward, think forward links as well.
Link Development Cheater Tools **use at your own risk
Reading Material for Link Hunters
Sites and Articles
- LinkingMatters Reports and Worksheets
- Ultimate link development tool
- Aaron’s link development articles
- Another example of a good link request
- Jumpstart your link building without getting sandboxed – Andy Hagans
- 131 Legitimate link building strategies
Webmaster World Link Development Favorites
- Martinibuster – A Link Cassanova
- Buying links and staying “under the radar”
- The Art of Persuasion in Link Exchange Requests
- Link Exchange Persona: Male vs. Female
- Link Strategies – Build Presence and Gain Exposure
- Promoting Deep Linking
- It’s time to get some new links
- Link development post Toolbar-PR
- Tips for Attaining One Way Inbound Links
- Sponsored Link Getting Guide
- Link Acquisition Rate
- Explaining to Clients How to Get Links without Turning Their Minds to Mush Part I and II
Also Check out the Forum Library
Favorite Search Engine Watch Discussions
- Link Strategies that work in 2005
- Link Building 101 by Nacho
- The Art and Science of an Effective Link Building Campaign
- Link Building Services – How Much per Link?
- Slickest link building tricks
- Link building with Landing Pages
Blog and Forums
- Link Building Blog
- SEOChat Link Popularity Forum
- SEW Link Building Forum
- WMW Link Building Forum
- High Rankings Link Building Forum
If you are interested on consulting or training on link development for you or staff members, please drop me a line.