Online marketing information can change quickly This article is 11 years and 333 days old, and the facts and opinions contained in it may be out of date.
Since yesterday I gave a bit of insight for those searching for SEO services, I thought it only fair to do a piece on things that an SEO consultant should know before commissioning work with a prospective client. So without further ado…
- How long have you been in business?
- How old is your website?
- Have you ever worked with another SEO company?
- If you’ve worked with another SEO company, why was the relationship dissolved?
- What is your monthly budget? (ask delicately or destroy the deal)
- What are your goals and revenue models of the business?
- What are your goals with a SEO campaign?
- Do you have an in-house designer/ developer/ copywriter?
- When do you plan to make a decision on your project?
10.What is your current internet marketing strategy?
Encourage prospective clients to shop around if you feel your services are the best. One of the great aspects of being a good SEO is that with the current overabundance of work, we can be picky about who we take on as clients. Choosing the right clients is key to continued success, as SEO is as much about educating a client with consulting as it is about doing actual development. You don’t want to teach the problem child internet marketing strategy. If you do get a crappy client, find out when you should fire a client. Here is a a bit more on web design and seo sales, but try to be nice if their website sucks.