Online marketing information can change quickly This article is 10 years and 262 days old, and the facts and opinions contained in it may be out of date.
One of the reasons I have a site like this (I refuse to use the “b-word”) is to vent when I get a little miffed. Sometimes it might come across as a little whiney (and this might be one of those times)…but hey…it’s my site right?
Here’s the deal…I thought it would be pretty cool to have a “google certified” logo…according to the requirements listed below I should be all set…pass the test and VOILA! I get a little piece of that awesome google brand, but to no avail.
- Sign up for the program successfully and be in good standing. This means that you’ve accepted the Rules of Use and aren’t in violation of them.
- Manage at least one AdWords account (yours or someone else’s) in My Client Center for 90 days. This timeframe begins after you sign up for the Google Advertising Professionals program.
- Build and maintain at least US$1,000 (or your local currency equivalent) total spend for your or your team’s My Client Center account during the 90-day period.
- Pass the Google Advertising Professional Exam. We suggest that you take the exam after you meet the above requirements. However, you can take the exam at any time.
- Beta tested MCC with company 1 a month or so before the program was released. (I was the sole manager of the account – which I still assist with)
- Setup MCC center for personal consulting company approximately 50 (now 60) days ago.
- Passed test for personal consulting company (company 2) last weekend
- Signed up NEW company (company 3) for MCC today.
**Note: The first 2 easily meet spending requirements, and the last should in a fairly short time.
I tried explaining my dilemma at webmasterworld where other’s were experiencing similar traumas and getting some feedback and results , and even tried passing my problem on to some reps at the Google booth at SES in NYC. No dice as of yet. I guess I just whine a bit and wait it out ’til my 90 days are up (think I got about a month left). I think my glory has faded. I guess beta testing was meant to be thanks in itself.
*disclaimer…I am NOT yet a certified holder of the above logo, it is a spoof to go with this whiney post.