Online marketing information can change quickly This article is 11 years and 76 days old, and the facts and opinions contained in it may be out of date.
The high demand for links because of their importance in Yahoo, Google, and MSN has pretty much changed the face of the web. Like it or not, your website needs links to be competitive in the internet marketplace. A link campaign really needs to be a part of your marketing mix, and you should plan accordingly. There are lots of creative ways at varying levels of expense to get what you need. It is time consuming, but it is absolutely necessary, and something that thousands of guerilla marketers are successfully pulling off on a daily basis to promote their websites.
Yes, you have to make ‘em look natural, but attaining high quality relevant links has still got to be one of the hardest parts of search engine optimization (aside from algorithm reverse engineering I suppose). I’ve been bookmarking threads on the topic for quite a while, and thought I’d do a “regurgitation post” on the subject. Without further avail, here is the list of some of my favorite link development discussions:
- Good recent discussion from WMW on Buying Text Links
- Link Building 101 – from Nacho at SEW
- Linking Schemes – SEObook
- Link Building Services – How Much is a Link Worth?
- Methodolgy for Attaining Quality Relevant Links – WBP
- Link Building Guides From High Rankings Forum
- The Art of Persuasion in Link Exchange Requests
- Recruiting Link Hunters
- Martinibuster – A Link Cassanova
- Buying links and staying “under the radar”
- Methods for getting links part I and II
- Link Development Persona – Is Georgina Better Than George?
- Link Strategies – Build Presence and Gain Exposure
- Promoting Deep Linking
- It’s time to get some new links
- Research Your Competition for Link Development Campaigns
- Explaining to Clients How to Create Links Part I and II
- The Darkside of Exchanging Links – Bad Webmaster Tricks
- WMW Link Development Forum Library
Webmaster World Supporter’s forum threads
- Tips for Attaining One Way Inbound Links
- Things to Watch Out for When Outsourcing Link Building